Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Quiet Morning

Good morning, folks. Things are quiet here in Jamesburg, although it is much warmer than yesterday, so we have some hope that the firefighters will be able to get their "burn out" going.

Abbot Steve Stuckey came over the road this morning early on his way to San Francisco. Such travels are still not allowed without permission because there are a tremendous number of firetrucks, water trucks, buses, etc. going up and down the road. For safety's sake it is really good that the mandatory evacuation is in place. Steve brought a box of food for us from Tassajara - a reverse town trip.

4 comments:

catwrangler said...

Thank you so much for the updates. We continue to read and I know that I enjoy the online community that has now erupted. :-)

I have made a donation to SFZC but maybe they should think of having a fall season for guest where we can help rebuild. I for one *hate* being at Tassajara when it is burning hot (no pun intende) and would much rather go in fall or spring. Combine it with work rebuilding program and I'd be signed up!

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking along the same lines as catwrangler re: a fall guest season/work period instead of a formal practice period, to help with both the finances and cleanup.

Anonymous said...

Really good to have a mandatory evacuation ? More like a free pass for the Sheriff to subjugate the whole neighborhood and put everyone even more on edge. Must be nice to still have some granola left, you must have plenty of smoke too !

Anonymous said...

Yes, as a long time guest I would like very much to come as a work guest in the fall. Sounds as if there's a lot to do. As someone who has been given much by so many of you at Tassajara through the several decades I've spent making my annual summer visit, I have much to give back.

Heartfelt gratitude to all of you who in your countless ways made Tassajara defensible and to the five who courageously defended her.

-WR